20th ANNIVERSARY OF THE PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COOPERATION
Student Essay Competition
On the occasion of its 20th Anniversary to be celebrated in 2013, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (PABSEC) is organinizing a student essay competition on the topic:
“The Black Sea Region 20 years from Now”
The competition aims to involve students from the BSEC Member States in shaping the vision for the future of our region in cultural, political and economic terms.
- To provide a unique opportunity for young people throughout the Black Sea region to take part in a regional educational project;
- To promote a sense of regional belonging among young people of the 12 Member States through their participation in a competition on issues of mutual interest;
- To give young people from diverse backgrounds a platform to express their views about our region and their dreams for the future;
- To raise awareness of the potential of regional cooperation and its role in the sustainable development of the Black Sea region.
The competition will be organized in partnership with the Black Sea Universities Network (BSUN).
Entries must be submitted by 25th November 2013.
Submissions should be between 2,500 and 3,000 words. They should be written in English language. All quotations or uncommon facts should be appropriately cited. Entries must be original, unpublished work written by contestants themselves. Co-authored essays will not be accepted.
Open to all students of accredited universities of the 12 BSEC Member States, aged 18-30.
- Only one essay is allowed per participant. In order to submit an entry, first you need to register into this website, and to upload the essay from your account.
- Entries without any of the above information will not be considered. Submissions shorter than 2,500 words or longer than 3,000 words will be automatically disqualified.
- Submissions sent by mail will not be accepted.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Entries will be evaluated and chosen by national committees in every Member State
- The winners (one from each Member State) will be invited to the PABSEC Summit to be organized within the framework of the 42nd General Assembly in Tbilisi, where they will be awarded a diploma.
- Their travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by PABSEC.
- The 12 winning essays shall be published in a special volume on the 20th Anniversary of PABSEC, as well as in a special issue of the International Journal “Letters from the Black Sea” (BSUN).